Roasted Pears with Melted Camembert and Wine Reduction
To check for the correct consistency when reducing wine – let cool – and coat the back of spoon. It is ready when the liquid holds its shape after running your finger down the back of the spoon.
- 4 pears halved and pit removed
- 1 tbls. sugar
- 1 tbls. fresh thyme
- 1 tbls. grape seed oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces Old Chatham Camembert
- 2 cups Johnson Estate Port Wine
- In a mixing bowl combine pears, sugar, thyme, grape seed oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss until well combined.
- Lay pears out on a small sheet tray, and roast in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan (1 quart), reduce the port wine to syrup consistency.
- Portion 1 oz. pieces of camembert and gently flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Place one piece of cheese atop each half of the pear and allow to melt, about 1 minute.
- Drizzle pears with the port wine reduction and serve.