Roasted Rhubarb White Chocolate Muffins
Rhubarb white chocolate muffins, so good they could almost be cupcakes. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- Roasted Rhubarb:
- 1 cup of diced rhubarb (from 1 stalk of rhubarb)
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup of mini or regular white chocolate chips
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Honey Butter:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch of salt
- To Make the Roasted Rhubarb:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Add muffin liners to a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, add the rhubarb and toss with the sugar. Transfer to the oven to roast for about 8 to 9 minutes, just until the rhubarb has released some juices.
- To a medium bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until combined. Add the roasted and cooled rhubarb, in a few batches, being sure the bits are broken up before adding the next batch. Then, mix in the white chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, measure out the milk and whisk in the melted butter, egg and vanilla extract. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix just until you no longer see any flecks of flour.
- Divide the batter amongst the muffin tins, filling them about 3/4 of the way. Transfer to the oven to bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- To Make the Honey Butter:
- In a small bowl, add the butter, honey and salt. Using a fork, mix everything together until smooth.
- Serve the muffins with a side of butter.