Roasted Root Vegetables
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 baby red or yellow potatoes halved
- 8 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium parsnips peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 medium red onions cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium rutabaga peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- With the oven racks in the upper and lower-middle positions, preheat the oven to 400˚. Spray two rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Divide the vegetables evenly among the two baking sheets. Roast, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 1 hour, rotating the positions of the baking sheets halfway through cooking. Serve.