- 6 beefsteak tomatoes halved and cored
- 2 leeks white and pale-green parts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425° . In a roasting pan, toss tomatoes, leeks, carrots, garlic, and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in a single layer (tomatoes cut sides down) until tender, 1 hour. Using tongs, peel off tomato skins.
- In a saucepan, bring vegetables, vegetable broth, and 1 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes
- In a blender, puré e vegetable mixture in batches. Stir in basil.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 198 calories; 8 grams fat; 5.8 grams protein; 29.8 grams carbohydrates; 6.1 grams fiber