These bite-sized sandwiches are rolled like sushi, and filled with a colorful assortment of fruit and peanut butter. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes)
- 8 slices of bread
- peanut butter
- 2 bananas, sliced into quarters lengthwise
- other fruit such as mangos, kiwi and strawberries sliced into sticks
- Slice the crusts off the bread.
- Place a slice of bread on a sushi mat and spread an even layer of peanut butter from edge to edge. This is important as the peanut butter acts as a glue that holds the roll together.
- Place some fruit at the edge of the bread closest to you.
- Roll the sandwich up using the mat to apply even pressure to the roll. Roll the sandwich back and forth a few times inside the sushi mat to make sure the roll is round. Repeat with the rest of the bread.
- Trim the ends off the rolls and then cut each roll into 4 pieces using a sharp knife.