- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 15-ounce package refrigerated piecrust
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the work surface with 1 tablespoon of the sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- Unfold 1 of the piecrusts and place it on the sugar and cinnamon. Roll to an even thickness. Spread half the jam evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with half the nuts and half the raisins. Starting at one end of the dough, roll it tightly into a log. Sprinkle the top of the log with 1/2 tablespoon of the remaining sugar.
- Using a knife, trim 1 inch on each end. Cut the roll into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Place the slices, sugared-side up, on the baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake until golden, 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.
Tips/TechniquesRoll the rugelach the day before, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Slice and bake the day you’re serving them.