- 1 tablespoon all -purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from 17.3-ounce package) thawed according to package instructions
- 1/3 cup sugar plus 2 teaspoons for sprinkling
- 5 large ripe nectarines (about 1 1/2 pounds) halved pitted, and slice 1/4 inch thick
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons seedless red-currant jelly warmed until liquefied
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place folded pastry on a lightly floured work surface; roll out to a 12-by-14-inch rectangle. Trim edges to make even.
- Place pastry on a parchment-lined baking sheet. With a sharp paring knife, lightly score dough to form a 1-inch border. Using a fork, prick dough inside the border every 1/2 inch. Sprinkle the border with 2 teaspoons sugar. Refrigerate until slightly firm, about 10 minutes (or up to 1 day, covered with plastic wrap).
- Bake chilled dough until puffed and golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, gently toss sliced nectarines with 1 tablespoon flour, remaining 1/3 cup sugar, and salt.
- With a fork, press dough inside border to make level; arrange nectarines in rows on top (or pile nectarines on top and then spread evenly).
- Bake, loosely tented with foil, until nectarines have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Brush nectarines with warm jelly. Let cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes. To serve, cut into eight pieces.