Sablefish Tandoori with Mango Relish
This versatile white-meat fish is almost impossible to dry out and perfect for tandoori. Try it with food blogger Marc Matsumoto's sablefish tandoori with mango relish recipe from the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 3 sablefish fillets
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp honey
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 semi-ripe mango, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced (1/4 small)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- juice of 1/2 meyer lemon
- zest from 1/2 meyer lemon
- In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, garlic, garam masala, honey, salt, turmeric, cayenne pepper, black pepper and cardamom.
- Smear the mixture all over the fillets, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Move your oven rack to the top position and turn on your broiler. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet and preheat under the broiler until very hot.
- Place the sablefish fillets on the hot rack and broil until the top is just starting to char around the edges.
- To make the mango relish, combine the mango, red onion, cilantro, salt, and meyer lemon juice and zest together in a bowl and stir together.
- When the fish is done, plate it and serve with the mango relish.