Saffron Honey Lassi
A lassi is a popular, traditional Indian drink made with a blend of yogurt, water, and sugar. This saffron honey lassi is tart and sweet.
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, good-flavored honey (ex. wildflower honey)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (low-fat or whole) milk
- In a medium skillet, placed over low heat, crumble the saffron into the water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the honey and combine until dissolved. Add the yogurt and milk and whisk.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until very cold. Divide between two medium glasses and serve.