Saffron Rice and Bean Salad
Brighten up a boring meal with this colorful Saffron Rice and Bean Salad from Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 10 oz. yellow (saffron or Mexican) rice
- 15 oz. canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 plum or Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced (about 1 cup total)
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- While the rice cooks, put the beans, tomatoes, and onions in a large serving bowl. Add the warm rice to the bowl, and top it with the vinegar, oil, and cilantro or parsley (optional). Toss it thoroughly. Serve the salad warm or cold, wrapped in warm tortillas if desired. (The salad can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.)