- 1/4 cup canolive oil
- 1/4 cup roasted sesame oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup sesame seed powder
- 1 cup orange zest
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups orange juice
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 lbs. wild salmon filets
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Make glaze first by heating the oils in a large skillet over medium heat. Next, fry onions and garlic for about 5 minutes, add curry, sesame powder, and orange zest. Stir well, add stock and orange juice, lower heat and reduce the mixture for about one hour, until it becomes glaze consistency.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add butter, and stir well.
- In a separate pan, sear salmon over high heat quickly on each side, then bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until desired doneness.
- Serve salmon topped with the orange glaze.
Serve with potatoes or rice and vegetables.
Burgundian style Pinot Noir or a food friendly Chardonnay.