Salmon Cakes In Dill Sauce
- 1 large can red salmon (skin and bones removed, reserve liquid)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS butter
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 TBS flour
- 1 TBS fresh dill
- Combine egg, salt, pepper, dill and bread crumbs; flake with salmon until smooth. Form into 3 large cakes. Heat oil and butter; fry cakes until golden brown on both sides.
- Mix butter and flour for sauce thoroughly. To reserved salmon liquid, add enough water or milk to make 3/4 cup. Cook sauce ingredients together until smooth; add fresh dill. Serve over fish cakes.