- 24 ounces poached or grilled salmon shredded
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix together all above ingredients except for the breadcrumbs and olive oil. You will have a wet consistency.
- Mix in breadcrumbs to desired consistency.
- Form the mixture into 1 ounce balls and gently flatten each with the palm of your hand to make 1/2-inch disks.
- In a non-stick pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Next, sauté each fishcake until both sides are golden brown. Place on paper towels to drain slightly and serve hot.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with your favorite condiment or salad.
Beverage Suggestions: Pinot Noir, a crisp Chenin Blanc, or an IPA