Salmon Fillet with Sea Urchin Risotto
by Chef Dieu Ho
Chinook salmon served with sea urchin risotto, tossed greens and lemon verbena oil.
- 4 ounces Chinook salmon fillet
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 pieces sea urchin
- 1 cup garden greens
- 1/2 cup lemon verbena
- 2 tablespoons reduced balsamic vinegar
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 piece lemon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Fleur de sel
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a sauce pan heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon butter. Sweat the chopped shallot. Add the rice and then the chicken stock. Cook on medium heat and stir occasionally.
- In a non-stick sauté pan heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon butter. Sear the salmon fillet on medium high heat, turning frequently until done. You can also turn it once and finish it in the oven at 375°F.
- When the rice is just about cooked add the cream. Season with salt and pepper. At the very end add the sea urchin and stir the rice well.
- In a blender add 5 tablespoons olive oil to the lemon verbena and blend well. Set it aside.
- Toss the garden greens with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the risotto on a warm plate and arrange the garden greens and salmon fillet on top. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and lemon verbena oil.
Tips/TechniquesThis segment appears in show #2816.
Recipe courtesy of Dieu Ho
© 2003 Dieu Ho