Salmon and Potato Salad
Try this salmon and potato salad recipe for a filling lunch idea from Marc Matsumoto of the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 12.4 ounces (350 grams) cooked salmon
- 12.4 ounces (350 grams) potatoes, small thin-skinned such as red bliss
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- lemon - zest (from half a lemon)
- 1 scallion, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 5 sprigs chervil, chopped (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (adjust based on how salty your salmon is)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- salmon roe (optional) for garnish
- Clean the potatoes thoroughly and put them in a pot with enough water so that they are covered by a few inches of water. Add a small handful of salt to the water (the water should taste like the sea). Boil the potatoes until a toothpick or fork can easily be passed through. Drain the potatoes and let them cool.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Flake the cooked salmon in with the potatoes.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the sour cream, lemon zest, scallions, chervil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the sour cream mixture over the salmon and potatoes and gently fold the ingredients together. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with additional sprigs of chervil or salmon roe and serve in a sandwich or with some crusty bread.