Satsuma Orange Margarita
Satsuma oranges are sweet and seedless, which creates a fragrant cocktail from food blogger Adrianna Adarme on the Fresh Tastes.
- For the Glass Rim:
- 1 teaspoon satsuma orange zest
- 2 teaspoons white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- For the Drink:
- 6 fluid ounces tequila of choice
- 4 fluid ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 16 fluid ounces satsuma orange juice (from about 12 oranges)
- 4 fluid ounces Cointreu or triple sec
- On a small plate, mix together the orange zest, granulated sugar and salt. Rub a juiced lime around each of the glasses' rims and dip them into the sugar/salt mixture.
- To make one cocktail, add a few ice cubes to a glass. Pour in 1 1/2 fluid ounces of tequila, 1 fluid ounce of lime juice, 4 fluid ounces satsuma orange juice and 1 fluid of Cointreu or triple sec; stir to combine. Repeat with the remaining cocktails. Serve immediately.