Savoy Cabbage, Blood Orange, and Avocado Salad
This Savoy Cabbage Salad recipe is healthy and colorful. (Recipe Credit: Aube Giroux of Kitchen Vignettes)
- 1/2 head medium-large savoy cabbage (about 4 cups sliced)
- 1/4 head small red cabbage (about 1 cup sliced)
- 1 firm but ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 blood orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup of dry currants (or raisins)
- For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- For the Optional Add-Ons:
- Grated carrots, crumbled goat cheese, toasted nuts or sunflower seeds
- Slice the cabbages as finely as you can. Add all the ingredients and toss together, gently so as not to squash the avocado pieces.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small lidded jar and shake vigorously. Pour over salad and toss.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper, as needed. Sometimes, I like to splash a dash of apple cider vinegar at this stage if the salad needs a bit more oomph. Serve.