Love scallops? Well, this is the dish for you. Scallops are coated in cracker crumbs, butter, and Parmesan cheese to create a rich and filling meal. Watch Donna Reynolds make scalloped scallops in this video clip from Carolina Outdoor Journal.
- 1 ½ pounds sea scallops
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup cracker crumbs, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup southern chicken bake
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Toss scallops with the onion powder, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, southern baked coating mix, melted butter and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Mix scallops with crumb mixture and loosely place in prepared dish. Pour half & half over the top and allow it to settle. Top with remaining parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly. (Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your casserole dish.)