Scrambled Egg Salad Sandwich
No need to boil eggs, no need to peel them, no need to chop them. This egg sandwich comes together in 5 minutes. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes.)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 slices sandwich bread (crusts removed)
- 3 eggs
- Salt (to taste)
- white pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard together in a small bowl and spread on both slices of sandwich bread.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk together until there are no large lumps of egg white left, but there is still some variation in color.
- Add the butter to a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and melt the butter. Swirl the butter around the pan to coat evenly.
- Add the eggs and let them set a bit on the bottom before gently scrambling.
- Once the eggs begin to take shape, but are still a little loose, begin folding the edges over towards the center to make a patty about the size of your bread.
- Flip the egg over once to seal the seams.
- If you are eating the sandwich right away, put the egg between the two slices of sandwich bread and serve. If you plan to eat the sandwich later, let the egg cool completely before assembling the sandwich.