Try this seafood risotto recipe with lump crab meat, scallops, shrimp, asparagus, and Parmesan cheese. Serve with crusty bread and a glass of Chardonnay.
- 1 cup arborio rice (risotto rice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (like Chardonnay)
- 4 cups fish or seafood stock
- 1/2 6.5oz can lump crab meat
- 1/2 lb bay scallops
- 1/2 lb peeled and deveined shrimp, tails removed
- 1 small bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut on a diagonal into 1.5″ pieces
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and saute for about three minutes, until soft. Add the rice and toss to coat each kernel with oil.
- Add the white wine to the pot and stir. Cook until all the wine has been absorbed—about three minutes.
- Now, add the stock—a quarter cup at a time—stirring after each addition and not adding any more until the previous addition has been completely absorbed. It will take about 45 minutes to complete this step but don’t skip it! It will ensure you completely creamy, restaurant-style risotto.
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for two minutes then drain and run over with cold water. Set aside.
- After all the stock has been absorbed into the risotto, turn off the heat. Heat a teaspoon more oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat and add the scallops and shrimp. Quickly cook until the shrimp are pink and curled and the scallops are opaque in the center.
- Add the shrimp, scallops and half a can of lump crab meat to the risotto, along with minced parsley, grated cheese and sliced asaparagus. Season with salt to taste. Serve each bowl of risotto with a big squeeze of lemon over top.