Seasoned Baked French Fries
A dusting of parmesan cheese and spices make these fries a hit with kids. Alice Currah of SavorySweetLife.com shares this recipe. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
- 3 medium Russet potatoes washed and dried
- Non-stick canola oil spray
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut each potato in 8 equal wedges. To do this, cut the potato in half, then in quarters, and finishing it off by cutting each quarter in half again. Generously spray them with canola oil. In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Place potato wedges in a large freezer bag and add the seasoning mix. Seal the bag and shake it until most of the wedges have absorbed the seasoning. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and place the potato wedges, skin side down on it. Spray a light coating of canola oil on the potatoes one more time. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and lightly season the fries with salt, if necessary. Serve plain or with your favorite dipping sauce.