This granola recipe uses sesame seeds (white and black) and millet seeds. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of the Fresh Tastes Blog)
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (black and white)
- 2 tablespoons millet seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the oats, pistachios, macadamia nuts, sesame seeds and millet seeds. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, set over medium low heat, add the honey, coconut oil and salt. When the oil has melted, about 1 minutes, pour the mixture atop the dried ingredients and toss. Transfer the granola to parchment-lined baking sheet, smooth it out a bit and transfer to the oven to bake. At the 7 minute mark, toss the granola to ensure even baking. Bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool without tossing (this will give you a few clusters). Mix in the goji berries, golden raisins and coconut flakes. (If you like your coconut toasted, you can add the coconut flakes to the granola in the last 2 to 3 minutes of baking.) Serve with milk, yogurt and fresh fruit.