- 3 tsp. ghee (clarified butter) or regular butter
- 1 cup vermicelli noodles
- 2 tsp. cashews
- 2 tsp. raisins
- 5 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cardamom powder
- Add 1-1/2 teaspoons of ghee to a skillet. Add vermicelli noodles and, while stirring continuously, cook until golden brown. Pour noodles into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the rest of the ghee to another skillet. Add cashews and raisins and cook until slightly brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add milk to a deep saucepan. Stir in cooked vermicelli noodles, sugar, and a pinch of cardamom powder.
- Add in raisin/cashew mixture.
- Ladle into a bowl and serve warm.
Recipe Courtesy of Dosa Temple in Ashland, MA