- 1 head Napa cabbage shredded
- 2 carrots shredded
- 2 bunches fresh watercress
- 4 portions of tofu 7 ounces each
- 1/2 cup of black and white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup canola oil divided
- 3/4 cup sweet soy (Manis)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large mixing bowl toss shredded Napa cabbage, shredded carrots, and watercress together and set aside.
- Pat each tofu portion dry with a paper towel and crust one side with the black and white sesame seed mixture. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 4 tablespoons of canola oil. Sesame seed side first, sear tofu portions until golden brown. Turn the tofu over, add salt and pepper, and finish cooking in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- In a skillet over high heat, sauté the Napa cabbage vegetable mixture for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For plate presentation, place sautéed vegetables in center of plate, top with seared tofu, garnish with drizzled sweet soy sauce, and serve.
Riff Pinot Grigio from Alto Adige