Seven Bean Salad
Make Martha Stewart's seven bean salad from the "Legumes episode" of Martha Stewart's Cooking School.
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely minced
- Red wine vinegar, for marinating, plus more for dressing
- 1/4 cup each of 7 different varieties of dried beans, such as chickpeas, snowcap, scarlet runner, kidney, cranberry, appaloosa, and calypso, cooked
- 1/4 cup celery, finely minced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, for serving
- Place red onion in a small bowl with enough red wine vinegar to cover. Let marinate for one hour.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, celery, and parsley. Drain onion and add to bean mixture.
- Drizzle with olive oil and enough vinegar to taste. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined. Salad may be eaten immediately or refrigerated up to a day.
- Just before serving, shave thin slices of Parmigiano over each portion.