Shaved Asparagus Spinach Salad with Cilantro Dressing
Shaved asparagus and spinach salad topped with quick-with-less-ingredients green goddess dressing, yes please! (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- Cilantro Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 4 to 5 stalks of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 Persian cucumber, diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- To make the cilantro dressing: To a blender, add the olive oil, yogurt, garlic clove, lemon juice, cilantro leaves and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides, as needed. Give it a taste and adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
- To make the remainder of the salad: Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus, horizontally. In a large bowl, combine the shaved asparagus, spinach leaves and sunflower seeds. Pour in the dressing and toss until evenly coated. Divide amongst bowls or plates and add sliced eggs. If you have any leftover dressing, it will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.