Sheet Pan Chicken for Two with Avocado Salsa
This sheet pan chicken for two is easy on busy weeknights with little preparation and a simple clean up. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- Marinade + Chicken:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds bone-in/skin-on chicken (I used a package of drumsticks)
- 1 russet potato, sliced into 1-inch rounds
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- Avocado Salsa:
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- To Make the Marinade: To a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, salt, oregano and red pepper flakes. Next, add the chicken, potato slices and red onion. Toss together until evenly coated. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet and transfer to the oven to bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is crispy and potatoes are cooked through.
- To Make the Avocado Salsa: Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the diced avocado, red onion, lime juice, cilantro and a few pinches of salt. Give it a taste and adjust the salt to your liking.
- Add the avocado to the top of the chicken and serve.