This shrimp adriatico recipe appears courtesy of The Original Caffe Boa in Tempe, AZ. Watch a review of this restaurant from Check, Please! Arizona.
- 5 sustainable or wild-caught shrimp
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons homemade tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Plugra butter
- 1 lemon wedge
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chiffonade
- Ciabatta bread
- Heat a sauté pan
- After sauté pan is heated, sear the shrimp on each side until opaque. Add minced garlic to sear.
- Add white wine until it comes about ½ way up the shrimp, then add red sauce and swirl in the Pulgra butter. Remove shrimp and set in a small serving bowl as to not overcook.
- Reduce remaining sauce until a creamy, well-incorporated consistency. Add with lemon squeeze, salt and pepper and parsley.
- Top the shrimp, serve with warm, rustic ciabatta bread.