- 1 ½ pounds medium shrimp peeled and deveined (tails removed)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 lb. linguine
- 1 ½ cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves torn into small pieces, plus extra leaves for garnish (optional)
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 4 teaspoons oil over high. Add shrimp; cook until opaque throughout, turning occasionally, 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Make sauce: To the same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic; cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add canned tomatoes and their juice, along with 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have softened and are saucy, about 15 minutes. Remove sauce from heat; stir in cherry tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain; return pasta to pot. Add tomato sauce, shrimp, and basil; season with salt and pepper, and toss. Serve immediately, garnished with basil leaves, if desired.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 483 calories; 10.8 grams fat; 44 grams protein; 52.2 grams carbohydrates; 2.9 grams fiber