Simple Stuffed Mushrooms
These mushrooms feature a combination of Italian parsley, lemon, crunchy bread crumbs and cheese. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of the Fresh Tastes blog)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup (from 1/2 bunch) minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) finely shredded Parmesan-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds white button or cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, set over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic cloves and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- To a medium bowl, pour in the melted butter and softened garlic. Add the minced Italian parsley, bread crumbs, cheese, crushed red pepper, lemon juice and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, place the mushrooms a few inches apart, and place them cavity side up. Spoon a teaspoon or two of the mixture into each of the mushroom cavities. Bake for 15 minutes, until the tops are lightly golden brown. Serve immediately.