- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hamburger buns split and toasted
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet. Cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until it is no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir tomato sauce, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce into beef mixture in skillet. Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Season the mixture with more salt and pepper, as desired. Spoon onto buns, and serve immediately.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 527 calories; 29.4 grams fat; 26.3 grams protein; 39.4 grams carbohydrates; 3.7 grams fiber