Smoked Gouda Asparagus Frittata
This smoked gouda asparagus frittata comes together in about 10 minutes and is a great main dish to your brunch menu. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Small handful of micro greens, as garnish
- 1 radish, thinly sliced, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9-inch skillet, set over medium heat, add the olive oil. When warm, add the asparagus spears and a pinch of salt and cook until slightly softened, about 2 to 3 minutes, until they turn a bright green. Turn the flame off and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, chives and smoked gouda cheese. Pour over the asparagus into the skillet and mix until the asparagus comes more to the top.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for about 20 minutes, until the top has set. Garnish frittata with micro greens and sliced radishes. Slice and serve.