Smoky Texas Toast
This homemade version of Smoky Texas Toast is better than anything from the refrigerator section. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes)
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 slices white sandwich bread, sliced double-thick
- Parsley, minced for garnish
- Put the butter, garlic and paprika in a small bowl and use a spatula to mix until evenly combined.
- Spread the butter mixture onto double-thick sliced sandwich bread from edge to edge in a thick enough layer that you can't see the pores in the bread.
- Toast the bread with the buttered-side up in a toaster oven or broiler directly on the rack until the top is crisp and well browned with. Be careful as there is a fine line between toasty and burnt.
- Sprinkle with parsley for garnish and serve immediately.