Soup-er Easy Black Bean and Corn Soup
This black bean and corn soup is extremely flavorful and takes only 10 minutes to make! We like to serve it with homemade tortilla chips and sliced oranges. You can also spice it up with some hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco, at the table. Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble shares this recipes. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
Total time: 10 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings, about 1 1/3 cups
- 45 ounces canned black beans reduced salt, if possible, with their liquid
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin or more to taste
- 14 ounces canned corn kernels with their liquid
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt or sour cream for serving (optional)
- In a medium stockpot over medium heat, combine the beans, salsa, water and cumin and bring it to a boil. While it is heating, use an immersion blender to puree about half the mixture, so it is still chunky. Add the corn and its liquid, and continue to heat it for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. (For a smoother soup, add the corn before pureeing the soup.)
- Serve the soup with a dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream, if desired. You can refrigerate the soup for up to 3 days, or freeze it for up to 3 months.