Southwest Tofu Scramble
Make this flavorful dish in about 10 minutes for a delicious breakfast or quick dinner.
(Recipe Courtesy: Marc Matsumoto from the Fresh Tastes Blog)
- 1 pack firm tofu (400 grams)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced (7 grams)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped (85 grams)
- 1 mild pepper, chopped (70 grams)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped (140 grams)
- cilantro (for garnish)
- tortillas (to serve)
- Drain and roughly crumble the tofu onto a piece of butter muslin, and squeeze out the extra water. Rearrange the tofu and then repeat.
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan over medium high heat, and sauté the garlic, onions and peppers until the onions are starting to brown around the edges.
- Add the squeezed tofu and sauté until the tofu is just starting to brown. Add the chili powder, salt and turmeric and stir to coat evenly.
- Add the tomatoes and continue frying until the tomatoes have broken down and the mixture is no longer watery.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with warm tortillas.