Spaghetti with Kale, Bacon and Brie Cheese
Food blogger Jenna Weber shares her recipe for making kale taste less bitter in this post on the Fresh Tastes blog. Kale is in season at the beginning of the calendar year, so get cooking!
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz brie cheese, rind removed and cut into cubes
- 1 large bunch curly green kale, washed and roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon and crumble. To the hot bacon grease, add the minced garlic and sauté briefly over medium heat until fragrant. Then, add the kale and sauté until it begins to wilt, about five minutes.
- Add the hot, cooked pasta to the kale along with the brie cheese and bacon crumbles. Stir together so that the cheese melts and forms a creamy coating over each strand of spaghetti.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with additional bacon crumbles on top!