If you have steamed rice leftover from last night's dinner, transform it easily into Spanish Rice with this simple recipe.
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 15 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, medium dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium or large pot and saute the onion for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, tomato paste, cumin, coriander, and paprika and cook for one minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth followed by the cooked rice. Reduce the heat to medium low and allow the rice to absorb the liquid and seasonings. Fluff the rice and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- *Feel free to add more broth if needed as well.