Spiced Cranberry Sangria
Sangria is a no-fuss cocktail that can be prepared for larger or small parties. (Recipe Courtesy: Adrianna Adarme of the Fresh Tastes blog)
- 1 (12-ounce) bag of cranberries (1/4 cup cranberries reserved for garnish)
- 2 oranges, juiced, plus a few orange slices for garnish
- 1 cup water
- 2-inch knob of fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups pure cane sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- 1 green apple, sliced
- 1 bottle of white wine (you could also use a light red wine)
- In a medium saucepan, add the cranberries, orange juice, water, fresh ginger, sugar and cinnamon stick. Turn the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, until the cranberries have softened. Run the cranberry syrup through a fine-mesh sieve and press the cranberries to release any juices; transfer the syrup to a large pitcher.
- Pour in the Cointreau and wine; give it a good mix. Add the reserved cranberries, orange slices and sliced green apple. Transfer to the fridge to chill for 1 to 2 hours. Stir the sangria before serving. Serve over ice.