Spiced Crusted Yellowfin Tuna
Try this seafood recipe for spiced crusted yellowfin tuna from The Chef's Wife for your next dinner.
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1/2 tablespoons peppercorns
- 1 pound sushi quality yellow-fin tuna, cut into 4 rectangular logs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the spices in a spice grinder and process into a fine powder.
- Coat the tuna logs with oil, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll each log into the spice blend coating well.
- In a large non- stick sauté pan over medium heat, briefly sear each side of each log for 5 seconds. Refrigerate.