- 1 head broccoli (1 1/4 pounds) stem trimmed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 well-rinsed anchovies (or 2 teaspoons anchovy paste)
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Starting with flower end of broccoli, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add anchovies and red-pepper flakes. Cook, mashing anchovies with a wooden spoon, about 1 minute.
- Raise heat to medium. Add broccoli; season with salt and ground pepper. Cook, stirring often, until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water. Simmer, covered, until broccoli is tender, 4 to 5 minutes more.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 104 calories; 7.4 grams fat; 4.8 grams protein; 7.4 grams carbohydrates; 4.3 grams fiber