- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper seeds and ribs removed, chopped
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt
- 1 package (1 pound) frozen corn kernels
- 2 plum tomatoes cored and chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn and tomatoes; cook, stirring often, until corn is tender and tomatoes have softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in milk; remove from heat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 127 calories; 5.2 grams fat; 3.5 grams protein; 19.9 grams carbohydrates; 2.7 grams fiber