Spicy Ginger Lemongrass Rub
Recipe by Thy Tran
- ginger large and peeled
- 4 stalks of lemon grass pale half
- 3 large cloves of moist plump garlic
- 2-4 red Thai chiles seeded or not
- fresh turmeric small (or a half teaspoon of powdered turmeric)
- 3-4 tablespoons shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine the aromatic, dry ingredients in the jar of a blender.
- Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of the rice wine and oil.
- Blend to a smooth paste, adding more liquid and scraping down as needed. Rub evenly onto fish, chicken, beef, pork or pressed tofu.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Grill or broil the meat or tofu with high, direct heat, brushing lightly with additional oil.