Spicy Sweet Potato and Black Bean Salad
This spicy sweet potato and black bean salad is perfect for a fall gathering especially with the cherry chipotle sauce. (Recipe by: Kim Tait; Photo Credit: Kim Cleary)
- 1½ lbs. sweet potatoes
- 1½ cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained (1 can)
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 Tbs olive oil, divided
- ½ cup Tait Farm Cherry Chipotle Sauce (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cilantro
- Bake the sweet potatoes at 350 degrees until just tender when pierced with a paring knife. (about 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of the sweet potatoes. )
- When cool, peel and dice them into ½ inch cubes.
- Saute the onions in 1 Tbs of the oil until they starts to caramelize.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, black beans and saute’d onions in a bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining oil and the Chipotle Sauce and pour over the salad.
- Chop the cilantro and combine with the salad. Season to taste.