Spinach Bacon Penne Pasta
An easy weeknight meal made of spinach, bacon, and penne pasta from Alice Currah of SavorySweetLife.com. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
- 1 poundpackage whole grain penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the penna pasta (al dente) according to the package directions. Drain the cooked pasta but do not rinse. Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan on medium heat. Add the garlic and let it cook for half a minute. Stir in the pasta and the balsamic vinegar for one minute. Add the bacon and spinach. Toss all the ingredients until the spinach begins to wilt. Turn off the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!