- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 pound thinly sliced ham
- Measure baking mix into large mixing bowl. Stir in Parmesan cheese and ground red pepper.
- Mix in creamed spinach. Use hands, if needed, to blend well.
- Form dough into a ball. Place on lightly floured work surface. Knead 8 to 10 times.
- Pat or roll the dough to half-inch thickness. Cut with two-inch round biscuit cutter.
- Place half-inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake biscuits at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Blend butter and mustard. Split biscuits and spread cut sides evenly with spicy butter mixture. Sandwich biscuits with thinly sliced ham. Makes 28 two-inch biscuits.
I used Bisquick baking mix. I like the butter a little spicier, so I add more spicy brown mustard.
If you want the biscuits to have a dark golden color on top, brush the tops with an egg that has been beaten with half-teaspoon water before baking.