Spinach Pie with Portobello Mushrooms
This recipe for crustless spinach pie was suggested by my friend and event planner extraordinaire, Claudia Ades. It is simple, elegant and delicious, and tastes great the next day, too. Serve it with whole wheat or white dinner rolls and strawberry and banana smoothies. Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble shares this recipe. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 35 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup portobello cremini, or conventional mushrooms, chopped
- 4 scallions finely chopped (1/2 cup total)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 ½ tsp. fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick cooking spray. Defrost the spinach and drain it thoroughly, pressing it to squeeze out excess water.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Pour the mixture into the pie dish. Bake it for 30-35 minutes until it is lightly browned and set. Let the pie cool slightly before cutting and serving it, or refrigerate it for up to 2 days, or freeze it for up to 3 months.