Spinach Salad with Walnuts
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 minced shallot
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped fresh tarragon (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 3/4 lbs. trimmed spinach
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 4 quartered hard-cooked eggs
- 8 ounces thinly sliced mushrooms
- Coarse salt and ground pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together white-wine vinegar, dijon mustard, olive oil, minced shallot, tarragon.
- Add spinach, walnuts, eggs, and mushrooms. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Toss just before serving.