Spring Pea Arugula Pesto Pasta
Liven up your normal pasta routine with this spring pea arugula pesto. It’s spring after all. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan-Reggiano
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- To the jar of a blender, add the peas, arugula leaves, garlic cloves, walnuts, Parmesan-Reggiano, crushed red pepper, a few pinches of salt and olive oil. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and blend once more until super smooth, about 1 minute.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of pasta water. Immediately add the drained pasta back to the pot. Pour the pea pesto on top and scrape out the rest from the blender. Add the pasta water to the blender and then blend. Pour the pea pesto/water mixture to the pasta and then toss everything together. Give it a taste and salt according to taste. I needed to add a few pinches of salt.
- Divide amongst bowls and then top with some grated Parmesan-Reggiano.