Spring Salad with Creamy Mint Dressing
From Marc Matsumoto of the Fresh Tastes blog: Make a creamy mint dressing for a fresh spring salad recipe of baby corn, snap peas, and romaine.
- 75 grams (2.7 ounces) fresh baby corn
- 75 grams (2.7 ounces) snap peas, tops and fibrous sides trimmed
- 120 grams (4.2 ounces) young romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped
- For the creamy mint dressing:
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 30 grams (1 ounce) cream cheese (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 grams garlic (1 small clove)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 gram mint leaves (about a tablespoon)
- Prepare a bowl of ice water.
- Bring a well salted pot of water to a boil and boil the baby corn and snap peas for exactly 1 minute. Drain and immediately plunge the vegetables into the ice water to stop the cooking.
- Slice the corn in half lengthwise and cut the snap peas in half diagonally. Wash and dry your lettuce.
- In a blender, combine the yogurt, cream cheese, lemon juice, garlic, black pepper and salt, and blend until smooth. Add the mint, blending until the leaves minced, but before the dressing turns green.
- Put the vegetables in a bowl and pour some of the dressing on, toss to coat evenly and adjust the amount of dressing to taste (you probably won't need all of it).
- Plate and serve with some fresh ground pepper.