Squash & Eggplant Brie Arugula Pizza
This Squash & Eggplant Brie Arugula Pizza is a simple but satisfying Fall vegetarian dinner option. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 1/2 small delicata squash, seeds scooped and sliced
- 1 Chinese eggplant, sliced
- 1 pound store-bought or homemade pizza dough
- 3/4 cup shredded low-moisture mozzarella
- 1/4 pound brie
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- arugula for topping
- In a medium skillet, set over medium heat, add the oil. When hot, add the squash and eggplant (you may need to do this in batches) and sear on the first side. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and then remove the slices and place them on a plate. Repeat, if you’re doing this in batches.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Stretch the pizza dough into a 13-inch circle. Place it on the parchment and then sprinkle with mozzarella, brie and then add the squash and sliced eggplant. Transfer to the oven to bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the edges are medium golden brown.
- While the pizza is in the oven, add the arugula to a bowl; drizzle in a bit of olive oil and lemon juice and pinch of salt. Toss together until evenly coated. Top the pizza with the arugula right after it comes out of the oven and slice it up and serve.